Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Trot Nixons days are numbered

If this is a surprise to you, then you haven't been paying attention. That's why they traded Arroyo for Wily Mo. They're looking to replace Nixon, who is oft-injured. I'm not excited about Wily Mo replacing him however. Perhaps they really will go out and spend some big time money to get some big time free agents this winter.

Source: Boston Red Sox Nation: Another One Bites the Dust?

"I just can't imagine [Trot] playing for somebody else, it's just not something I can see. I don't have the ability to... like the whole seeing your grandmother naked thing, you don't want to picture it. I can't picture it.

"I don't know what they're gonna do in Trot's situation. I know I enjoy playing with the guy and I hope he's a teammate, but I'm not gonna say one way or the other because they have to do what they have to do." -- 9.19.06, Curt Schilling on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan show

Schill Still Thinks Henry Will Spend a Bundle This Winter

"I'm hearing things, and talking to people, just the feeling I get is there's gonna be a little different landscape here in how they operate this winter... in a sense if you don't kinda ignore that [payroll] threshold and you spend a little more openly, playing in a division with the Yankees is going to leave you with a severe disadvantage and I just think it's going to be a little bit different this winter." -- 9.19.06, Curt Schilling on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan show

No comments: