Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Traffic Analysis

I like to take a look at where my traffic is coming from and how they were referred (I'm a stats geek, I can't help it). Recently I found out I was ranked third for Boston Sports Blog, for instance. And not surprisingly, most of my visitors are from the US and Europe.

But I have been surprised that so many people visiting my blog are still using internet explorer. Since I use Mozillar Firefox almost exclusively, I'm just shocked that there are people out there who don't realize how advantageous firefox is.

For instance, tabbed browsing is wonderful. If you don't know what tabbed browsing is, but you surf the web all the time then you don't know what you're missing. You can easily flit from one site to the next while keeping sites that you want to reread later up in the background.

I also think firefox is faster at loading pages (although I can't prove that). And that it's safer (or so I've been told). I'm not a web master expert and I can't say for sure about those things. I do know it's easier to clear out my personal info, such as browser history, cookies, etc... It also updates itself, without slowing me down.

I also use some great extensions that allow me to move the tabs around, check on my adsense stats almost instantaneously, checks on my gmail account for new mail, allows me to blog faster (using performancing's blogger or XBlogThis!). I also have bookmarks for del.icio.us and post to del.icio.us and the latest headlines.

Well enough of this. If you're happy with IE, then continue using it. I'm glad you came to see what I have to say. But personally, I'm glad I have the better option.

No comments: