Friday, March 03, 2006

Why is Toine still complaining?

Am I missing something? I just don't understand what Antoine Walker's issues are when it comes to leaving the Celtics. Does he still have issues from the first trade when Ainge made it clear that they didn't want him?

The Celtics managed to get Walker onto a better team with a six-year contract for over $52 million. What more did he want?

"I feel that he’s a guy that doesn’t understand what we’re doing - and he doesn’t need to understand," Ainge said. "I just think Antoine feels hurt, but I have nothing personal against him. I did everything I could to work out the trade and get him the contract he wanted even though we got very little back in return. He said we didn’t want him back, but I talked to his agent last summer and just realized that their goals were different than ours. Once I knew that, I tried to help him get what he wanted."

Comments from Walker like: "I don’t know if (Ainge is) trying to run the youth thing, but we were coming off an Atlantic Division title and we had a good core together. And I’m 29 years old, so I don’t know what you consider old. I don’t know where the problem lies, but the truth will probably never come out." just don't make sense to me.

Does he just not get it? The Celtics weren't going to win (it all) with just him and Pierce. Will someone explain to me what his issues are. Things worked out really well for him. The Celtics are struggling without him. What more could he want?

No comments: