Monday, September 19, 2005

Did you ever feel like someone had kicked your dog?

Let's just list all the ways yesterday went wrong for me in the real and fantasy sports world. The New England Patriots were embarrassed (see post from yesterday). The Red Sox got their collective butts kicked. It was over by the 2nd inning when the Sox were down 7-0. By the end of the 5th it was 12-0. (Who is going to pitch for them in the playoffs?) In both of my fantasy baseball leagues I lost in the playoffs. It's very frustrating since I had battled back up to 4th and 2nd place in both after having dismal starts. And I'm getting finished off in fantasy football, too.

Ugh.... Thankfully, the Yankees lost too. As bentley92 pointed out, the Yanks are playing continuously to the end, so hopefully they're getting tired. And since the Red Sox are clinging to a 1.5 game lead, they need all the help they can get. It's going to be a bumpy run to the finish line.

Hmm.... It just occured to me that some fool (err... I mean competitor) might drop Dillon based on the past two weeks (36 yards yesterday, no TD's)? I should check that.

Photo: Globe Staff Photo / Matthew J. Lee

No comments: